- I've been trying to do some more research into my Northern Ireland ancestors, trying to trace back my HICKINSON line. The main problem is that the surname seems to be incorrectly transcribed a lot of the time so I have to check for HICKSON, HICKISON, HICKENSON as well as HICKINSON. It makes it a bit tricky to know if you've found the person you're looking for. I've sent off for the birth certificate of James HICKINSON to see if that will confirm who his parents are.
- My parents are going over to Ireland in a couple of weeks so I'm trying to get my information together so that they can use it to show any relatives they meet up with and maybe find out more. I'm hoping that they will get time to go to the churches at Kilraughts and Derrykeighan to have a look in the graveyards for any graves of interest.
- I've received some photos from my husband's aunt following a recent trip to St Nicholas church in Wickham. She had taken the pictures of the war memorial there with Alfred ADAMS on it. I'll scan them in and add a post soon.
- I actually got round to replying to the messages that had been sent to me via Ancestry. Hopefully this will lead to some further information coming to light on one of our ancestors.
- Tried out a couple of new websites that were recommended for social networking in my Family Tree magazine - geni.com, famiva.com were among them. Not sure about them yet but will wait and see.
Sunday, 24 May 2009
Summary Sunday - What have I been up to this week?
I thought I'd do a quick summary of my findings this week.